An Investment Bank are expanding their Equities Technology division and are in the process of seeking a Senior Developer to join the function.
The position will work within their Algo team leading the development and implementation of solutions / strategies for the firms enterprise-wide cross-asset multi-strategy Algorithmic trading framework. As a senior member of the team this role comes with plenty of ownership including the build-out of an Algorithmic trading framework and the implementation of algo trading engines regionally.
They are a small, agile collaborative team in EMEA (5 in the UK), the role reports in the Head of Electronic Trading who is New York based.
What will you do?
- Work with business Stakeholders to build new and maintain existing Algos and customizations
- Develop an in-depth understanding of existing algorithmic trading applications and work on migrating it to a new container platform.
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize performance and maintain low latency
- Leverage new technologies and approaches with continuous improvement in mind
- Tailor the algorithmic container to meet the demand to house increasingly more sophisticated algorithmic strategies
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven track record in creating, maintaining, enhancing algorithmic trading engines, order management systems, and/or smart order routing solutions across multiple asset classes
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- An understanding of trading systems, model calibration, and statistical research strategies used by the Front Office group would be great
- Knowledge of memory management challenges that exist in high throughput low latency trading applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills