FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Java Production Support Engineer - FinTech
We have partnered with one of the leading FinTech payment companies in the city of London who are currently looking for an Java Production Support Engineer. This role involves travelling to clients' sites in order to support their payments product.
As a Java Produtcion Support Engineer, you will work within their client facing technology team to ensure the timely, quality delivery of reference solutions, product improvements and customizations to Dovetail clients.
Under the direction of a Solution Architect, you will support and advise clients during the full implementation lifecycle.
This work includes advising and guiding the deployment, configuration, and integration and testing of the Solution in Client test environments.
In addition, you will have the chance to create high-level design and estimation work for new functionality as assigned. There is frequent liaison across the business, but specifically with business analysts, developers, and release management.
- Advise on our technical implementation approach and help to rationalize software architecture choices under the mentorship of our Solutions Architect
- Work with Solutions Architect to craft solution during definition stage
- Support deployment and configuration efforts with your clients
- Provide technical Implementation Support including QA, UAT, and Joint Integration test support
- Perform some development and assessments of existing code
- Write functional tests to our framework
- Provide production support and can resolve issues when required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- BSc or MSc educated
- 3+ years' experience in a hands-on Java development role; can analyse existing Java code
- 2+ years' experience in core Java; Multi-threading, Transaction Management, EJB's, WebServices, JMS/MQ
- 2+ years' experience in Application Deployment with Application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss) and scripted tools (ant, maven) and IDE's (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- 1+ years Oracle or other RDBMS experience
- 1+ years' experience in a client facing/implementation role
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- BSc or MSc educated
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with payments or banking helpful
- Works to deadlines and can escalate issues effectively
- Superb communication, written and team skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work alone.
- Adaptable to working with various clients and cultures in locations across the UK, US and Continental Europe
- GBP50000 - GBP65000 per annum + big list of benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick