- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18
Java Quant Software Engineer – VP - Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The AM GRT (Global Research Technology) team is looking for a senior hands-on lead developer to join their London team. GRT platform supports the Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on portfolio management and research functions.
The successful candidate:
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users
- Should be able to work individually or as part of a team to achieve project goals
- Will interact closely with the product strategy and marketing teams to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform
- Working with business users to gather the requirements.
- Design and development of server side part of our new application using Java/J2EE, Spring frameworks and databases
- Testing the application and working with business users for validation and sign off
- Implementation of the systems and supporting the application
- 5+ years of strong programming experience with Java & J2EE technologies, staying on top of latest trends and technologies
- Scripting experience using Python, Microsoft PowerShell, or Unix shell
- Strong Relational DB experience (MS-SQL will be a plus). Proven record of data modeling, including historical/time series data, building ETL and data quality tools
- Experience of working in financial services, ideally in a front-office environment.
- Understanding of equity or fixed income markets and portfolio management
- Experience with Java rules engines (ILog JRules, Drools, etc)
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing or Generation
- Experience working with market Data Feeds
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran. JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
Closing date: 16th of April 2018