Java Software Engineer
As a Java developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address Totem's business needs by working with a team of application developers (in multiple business locations), business analysts and business stakeholders. About the Business:
The TOTEM service, founded in 1997, provides the major market makers in OTC derivatives with definitive consensus market prices. More than 50 of the leading banks, trading houses and other investment professionals use the TOTEM service as the key independent check of their trading book valuations.
The service encompasses the equity, interest rate, currency, commodity, credit and bond markets, providing comprehensive matrices of vanilla prices and a wide selection of exotic products.
The Totem development team consists of 18 developers located in our London and Noida offices and is currently engaged on two main initiatives:
- Development of an advanced Consensus Pricing platform, supporting a wide range of OTC derivatives across multiple asset classes
- Migration of the platform to a new cloud-based architecture
- Good degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field from a top-tier institution
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Experience of AWS or Oracle databases
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to own features and take them to successful delivery
- Proactive, organised and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player who can collaborate effectively cross teams, including with colleagues overseas
- Motivation to acquire/increase knowledge of the financial sector
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.