About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is a rapidly growing innovative management & technology consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in London, Poland and New York. We are 8 years old and have grown from 2 to over 120 people in 7 years of operation with a view to double in size over the next 2 years.
We have five core practices covering Strategy, Data, Risk and Regulatory, Quality and Digital and provide solutions via 3 types of services…...ADVISE CHANGE DO. Do is our delivery offering.
Innovation encompasses everything we do through our R&D and Knowledge Leadership functions. Our consultants, who are experts with 10+ years of domain specific expertise, both deliver projects and provide new solutions to the challenges our clients face.
Overview of initial assignment:
Brickendon Consulting have existing projects with a number of banks, asset managers & hedge funds firms across the UK where we have been engaged to provide teams of technical Consultants to develop, maintain and build internal systems.
The successful candidate will join as a Managing Consultant for the Digital Practice within our London office, and work as part of a Brickendon Consulting team to deliver technical innovation.
An overview of sample responsibilities:
• Join as a member of our Digital Practice.
• Advising clients on strategic matters linked to development
• Thought leadership within our Digital Practice.
• Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
• Working closely with Business Analysts to best understand how these business requirements translate into development delivery tasks.
• Java Development to coding standards, including bank and technology industry standard patterns and practices.
• Proficient use of Java Development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security.
• Working in a portion of software engineering disciplines and demonstrating understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
• Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture.
• Take an active role in an Agile (Scrum) team and contribute process improvements.
• Develop and deliver code that implements the requisite functional requirements and stories.
• Code must be developed using TDD and BDD behaviors.
This Managing Consultant / Full Stack Developer will possess the following skills and experience;
• Strong Investment banking experience essential.
• At least 8 -10 years of experience in Java Development, ideally with recent Java 1.8 experience.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics of an equivalent subject.
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems with working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
• Must be familiar with one or more client-side frameworks e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS.
• Strong understanding of data warehousing techniques and data modelling, with demonstrable SQL and Data Visualization skills.
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement ideally in an agile framework.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment Experience with relational databases and handling large data sets.
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
• Strong communication skills. Must be able to discuss business objectives and potential solutions with technical and / or non-technical stakeholders.
• Systematic, ability to think logically, analyze situations and problem solving.