Junior Data Analyst/Programmer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 08 Oct 18
The Data Analyst/Programmer will be responsible for the delivery of data solutions in a timely manner throughout Jupiter. They will report directly to the Head of Data Science and will work closely with the Data Technology team. The role will suit individuals that are flexible and who enjoy designing technical solutions and working with data.
• Analysis of data requirements.
• Design and build of data solutions.
• Maintenance and enhancement of developed solutions.
• The candidate must have proven relevant development experience gained as a Junior Data Analyst/Programmer or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience in developing data solutions using Python
• Knowledge and experience of the Python Libraries: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scrapy (desirable).
• Experience working with charting libraries and visualisation tools: MatPlotLib, Highcharts, Tableau, Power BI (desirable)
• Exposure to desktop tools: Anaconda, Jupiter Notebook
• Knowledge of Financial Services, as well as knowledge and/or interest of fund management industry (desirable).
• Exposure and understanding of alternative datasets.
• Experience using collaboration tools such as Confluence, Teams, Slack.
• Strong team player, but able to work independently as required.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Technology enthusiast.
• Well presented.
• Ability to work under pressure, give realistic estimates, and work to deadlines.
• Ability to perform well in both a team environment and alone.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Diplomatic, thoughtful and polite.
• Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
• Relevant professional qualifications.
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong.