Junior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to help define, implement, and support our rapidly changing tech infrastructure and delivery pipeline. We embrace change and need someone who is passionate about innovative technology, as well as understanding what good looks like and appreciates the importance of security throughout the SDLC.
- Implementing and designing CI and CD packages/pipelines to allow measurable improvements to deployment frequency, a faster time to market, and a lower failure rate of new releases
- Building and maintaining tools to automate application and infrastructure deployment, and to monitor operations
- Working with our Solutions and Cloud Architects to help deliver improvements and cost savings
- Coordinating with other members of the Infrastructure Team with regard to firewall management, IP networking and user permissioning/removal
- Coordinating with other members of the DevOps, Development, Test, and Product Owner teams to enhance and optimize existing processes
- Providing guidance & support to the Dev and QA teams as needed
- Handling incoming BAU requests
- You are very 'hands-on', and love getting your hands dirty in the detail
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play around with new tech
- Enjoy new challenges and learning new skills
- Exposure to Docker, Docker Compose and Kubernetes. Deploying to Kubernetes clusters in the cloud
- CI/CD - experience managing Jenkins & VSTS environments
- Experience managing Azure & GCP (AWS a bonus but not essential)
- Experience managing Linux environments
- Experience monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Exposure to scripting languages, Python, Bash & Powershell
- Ability to learn quickly in a high volume environment
Additional Information Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best. What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.