Junior E-trading Quant dev
London, England, United Kingdom
My client is currently looking for a junior QD (1-4 experience) to join their front office E-trading team.
This role would be sitting in the Electronic trading group of this Leading tier 1 Investment bank.The E-trading Quant dev team design and maintain the core modular components of the framework that are used by the e-trading teams to construct high-performance cross-asset market applications (e.g. automated quoting, hedging, etc.).
- Design and implement electronic trading platform components.
- Research use of new technologies and approaches as part of our continuous improvement strategy.
- Close interaction with quantitative e-teams to understand their requirements, and assist in investigations of issues relating to core components (e.g. performance).
- Work with management to determine time estimates and priorities for projects.
- Develop robust and reliable testing strategies
- Proficiency in C++, Java, C# or at least one other object oriented language, accompanied by exceptional problem solving skills.
- An active interest in new technologies, and an understanding of how their application can be used to both resolve legacy issues and create new opportunities.
- A good understanding of concurrent application design, algorithmic complexity and the computer science surrounding high performance and numerical computing.
- Strong quantitative programming skills and an interest in system architecture design.
- An appreciation of the complete software design/product lifecycle, and how different technologies can be used to increase the manageability and efficiency of the delivery process.
- A willingness to share knowledge and provide technical consultation to others.