Junior Investment Analyst / Analyst Writer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Invstr Ltd
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
At invstr we’re making finance social by democratising access to financial information and empowering everyone to take charge of their financial lives by providing the education, resources and opportunity to become real investors. We are doing this through a micro-investing app that allows everyone to learn about the financial markets in a fun and safe way. We have received various Fintech awards including “Most Innovative Finance App” by Corporate LiveWire, and dubbed the “Facebook of Finance” by the Daily Telegraph. We continue to receive excellent validation in the press across notable broadsheets, TV and trade press.
The Junior Investment Analyst / Analyst Writer will work with the support of the rest of the Invstr team to craft and publish the right content through the right distribution channels including: a daily macro and equity morning brief ‘lightly toned’ to our target member audience; throughout-the-day top story commentaries; and commentaries for Invstr’s quant-based research reports. He or she will apply their analytical acumen to standard data fundamentals, news and Invstr’s unique community sentiment and factor signal stats to the instruments we cover.
The ideal candidate will be a confident person who has an interest in investing, has some experience of the financial markets, preferably as a junior analyst, and is eager to work in the exciting world of Fintech.
- Write long, mid and short form copy for the invstr platform. Specifically:
- Write a daily ‘Morning Brief’ newsletter and short ‘Hot Stories’ copy throughout the day, published through the Invstr app and newsletter, web blog and redistributed in whole or segmented through various social media channels
- Produce commentaries for our quant-based Invstr research reports, by analysing standard fundamentals and our unique instrument, sector and asset class level community sentiment and signals
- Produce market-relevant polls
- Work with our future contributors (Super Users) to guide creative, relevant, up to date content and optimised copy on the Invstr app and blog
- Monitor the performance of the digital content and make recommendations for improving its effectiveness.
- Work with management and quant analyst to identify and recommend, then analyse and publish relevant copy categories and audience segment targets based on our community-driven market insights and other generated data
- Knowledge of investment markets, particularly equities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt a written ‘tone-of-voice’ to match our members’ level of understanding
- Basic level WordPress, Hootsuite, MailChimp and Appsflyer
- Use of images and infographics, video and audio a further advantage
- Ability to take the initiative and to work proactively
- Social media channel distribution experience
- Fintech industry knowledge a positive advantage
- Be comfortable and interested learning about emerging trends in digital communications
- University degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years’financial markets experience (inc. internships)
Personality Traits and culture:
Open, Loves Business, Responsible and Accountable, Confident and Courageous
This means candidates must have:
- Openness towards people, new ideas and sharing of expertise – a belief that good ideas can come from anywhere regardless of job title or hierarchy. They must promote an environment where ideas flow and expertise is shared
- They must take ownership of everything they are involved in, helping empower their teams so they can do the same. This must include creating a learning culture where each team member is always building his or her skills and knowledge.
- They must take a keen interest in Invstr’s vision and the role each staff member plays in driving it.
- They must create a fun environment where thinking differently is celebrated and enjoyed. They should encourage bold thinking and support those who are trying to evolve the way we think about and deliver work.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 3 October 2018.