Junior Investment Writer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Asset Management firm. This role will involve working alongside a Senior Investment Writer, initially focussing on market commentary and editing and over time taking over more responsibility for thought leadership and creative content.
We are looking for an investment writer with experience in asset management and product marketing to take responsibility for the timely production of investment commentary across a range of products and capabilities. The individual will be working closely with the investment teams to produce high-quality content, often to tight deadlines.
The investment writer will be responsible for the creation, approvals, implementation and dissemination of investment content and, as such, will work closely with individuals across the business, including the broader writing team, design, client service teams, compliance, and portfolio management teams.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to write coherently on a broad range of topics that accurately express the firm’s views and opinions across a range of materials, including investment commentaries, market reviews and outlooks, with scope for expanding into thought leadership and product materials across different platforms.
Core tasks and responsibilities
The role primarily consists of writing and copy editing commentaries as part of the regular reporting cycle, with scope for more creative writing.
- Working closely with the investment teams to write and edit investment commentaries on a monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis across our product range
- Logging, formatting and seeking the appropriate compliance approvals for all work undertaken Ensuring materials adhere to house style and that content is appropriate for the target audience
- Maintain and manage the schedule of editorial deliverables using our inhouse database, and ensure quality and accuracy across all materials
- Support digital efforts with the development of social, web and other digital content by proofreading and editing copy
- The ability to react to market events and generate high quality written content to tight deadlines in response to client queries
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related role, ideally in asset management, (well qualified candidates with fewer years of experience will be considered)
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to understand and interpret performance attribution reports
- Awareness of investment strategies, financial markets and market events