Junior Oil & Gas Analyst
- Salary negotiable, dependent upon experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carbon Tracker
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
Our organisation is at an exciting stage in its journey, transitioning from a start-up to more established phase. Carbon Tracker’s research team is looking for a junior to mid-level oil & gas analyst to join the research team as it extends its coverage to the company level as well as continuing with its influential thematic reports. This is an ideal opportunity for an analyst seeking to make a positive difference at a non-profit organisation think tank which is reframing the relationship between finance, energy and climate.
- Formation of views at the company level based on review of public disclosures and use of proprietary data
- Carrying out analytical work across projects, collecting and collating numbers from specialist industry databases and sources into useable and reportable formats
- Producing regular commentary on developments in oil & gas markets and contributing towards macro-level reports through data preparation and written analysis
- Providing analysis to the team on request and assisting with the drawing of conclusions
- Suggesting new ideas for developing areas of research / commentary to further Carbon Tracker’s reach and influence
- Being responsible for the quality and consistency of research and publications issued
- Gaining exposure and building relationships with investors
Specific Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in financial analysis, understanding of project evaluation and corporate finance
- 1-2+ years’ experience of the oil & gas industry, perhaps in a banking or corporate strategy context
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Confident and proficient in other MS Office applications including Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of manipulating data and producing high quality outputs and analysis for reports for research and publication purposes.
- Good writing skills, confident authoring detailed reports for a general audience
- Familiarity with technical terminology and understanding of energy and commodity markets and industry
- Experience with key energy and financial databases, e.g. Rystad, Wood Mackenzie, Bloomberg, Reuters
- Background or interest in climate change preferable
- A commitment to the objective of Carbon Tracker to align capital markets with climate change objectives
- Highly organised with the ability to manage workload, plan outputs and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills and able to present ideas clearly and succinctly
- Flexible, proactive and able to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and able to take ownership of tasks with personal drive and to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player
- Qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline
- Right to work in the UK
- Carbon Tracker has been set up to align the capital markets with the climate change agenda. Its analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk. See www.carbontracker.org
- Carbon Tracker values diversity and equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
- Please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining how you would fit into the Carbon Tracker team
- Applications without a covering letter or email will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is 30 March 2018, but we may interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date. Early applications are advisable.