Junior Operations Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- City Asset Management plc
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Investment Administrators are responsible for the processing and reconciling of transactions in support of the company’s business with focus on accuracy, efficiency, and compliance.
- Produce accurate internal and external reconciliations of client asset positions.
- Take appropriate action to correct reconciliation differences in stock holdings.
- Weekly report these differences and their method of resolution via the “Further Action Report” to the Team Leader/Manager.
- Produce accurate internal and external reconciliations for client cash held on a daily basis.
- Produce daily reconciliations of the firm’s cash account.
- Daily produce a Client Money Reconciliation report (CMR) and provide to the Head of Operations or the Compliance Director.
- Allocate interest, dividends and fund distributions to the clients’ portfolios.
- Process incoming cash receipts via SharePoint, the CashBook and Pulse.
- Prepare daily cheque paying in.
- Process client cash withdrawal requests via SharePoint, the CashBook and Pulse.
- Process regular income withdrawals, either fixed or accrued, via CashBook and Pulse.
- Arrange cash payments via CIB or by cheque.
- Calculate and charge management, custody and other ad-hoc fees to clients’ portfolios.
- Produce the various weekly Control Reports, reviewing/investigating and annotating as required.
- Attend the weekly review of the completed control reports with the Section Leader/Manager.
- Undertake various data inputting to Pulse software as required.
- Prepare and provide reporting/claims to HMRC in respect ISA accounts.
- Prepare and provide reporting to HMRC concerning Section 18 and Savings Income (EUSD).
- Prepare and provide reporting to IRS concerning QI for US Securities.
- Build a thorough understanding of other areas of Investment Operations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the working of other departments within the company to allow an awareness of the interaction of each area in the daily running of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent skills in the use of the various City Asset Management software systems, both third party and proprietary.
- Knowledge of the investment management process.
- Understanding of the various investment instrument types used in the construction of investment portfolios.
- Fully understand the compliance requirements of the processes undertaken.
- Sustain a detailed knowledge of the procedures that apply to the day-to-day function of the position.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Safeguard the integrity of client confidential data.
- Ensure security of company information, e.g. account numbers, passwords etc.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 24 June 2018.