Junior Operations Analyst - Quant Hedge Fund
- £35,000 - £40,000 - Plus Excellent Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- OCR Alpha
- 14 Jan 19
We are working with one of the UK’s leading Quantitative focussed Hedge Funds who are looking to add to their Operations team. The role will sit in a team who take full responsibility for trade flow, supporting the investment professionals on a daily basis in what is a fast paced trading environment. As well as daily trade support duties, the position will offer exposure across other areas of the business including risk and performance metrics over time.
Career progression is hugely important for this company and so they are looking for someone ambitious who could develop in the fund over the medium to long term.
The role reports into the Head of Operations and encompasses a wide range of diverse tasks related to:
- Trade support
- Trade, cash and position reconciliation
- Collateral Management
- Treasury and Cash management
- Investigating and booking Corporate Actions
- Project work related to new account and product setup
- You will be a graduate with a 2.1 or above in your degree within a numerical / financial subject.
- Hands on experience with Excel to an advanced level is desired
- This role will suit a 'go-getter', who appreciates time sensitivity, and is both proactive and a good communicator. Such an attitude can make a real difference to the firm's performance.
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to add significant value to the firm and can anticipate being rewarded commensurately.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary for this role will be dependent on experience – upper quartile earning potential
- Employees will be eligible for a discretionary bonus which typically is industry leading
- Other benefits include 25 days holiday per annum; contributable pension; private medical cover; life assurance; income protection; free gym membership and season ticket loan.