Junior Project Administrator
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day, and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day, and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over $2.8 trillion in assets under management. To do this we manage as much data as one of the internet giants on nearly as large a technical footprint.
In January 2018, we launched one of the industry’s largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. This project isn’t greenfield in the way most banks claim projects are; we’ve started with a blank sheet of paper both operationally and technically. This role will work directly alongside the engineers and project managers going through this strategic investment program.
This isn’t a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your organizational skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, working in a dynamic cross-disciplinary team. We don’t expect you to wear a suit, we don’t expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you’re working on, we don’t expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager (PM) within the MicroServices Framework workstream in London, you will assist the group in project coordination across our various initiatives. This role would suit someone with limited project management experience or someone who is looking to becoming a project manager in the future.
Typical tasks would include (but not be limited to):
- Managing and executing the process for onboarding new hires in global locations for the transformation program in collaboration with other members of the PM team.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to track the onboarding process for each new hire in the pipeline for the EMEA region in the Omnia program.
- Update global onboarding project plans and liaise e with the PM team to track status of current and future hires.
- Escalating any issues to the senior PM or global PM team as appropriate.
- Gathering data from other members of the team and automated systems and formatting it into reports for distribution within and beyond the team
- Generating reports from primary source material (e.g. team plans) to serve a number of internal uses (e.g. financial reporting, real estate projections, HR projections)
- Coordinating with project managers for other teams on dependencies, milestone projections, and joint deliveries.
- Order stationary and office supplies for EMEA locations as necessary.
- Organizing training for the team as required.
While we are a distributed team, this role is based in our London office in Canary Wharf. State Street has a commitment to flexible working arrangements.
Successful candidates will:
- Have good Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills
- Have excellent attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Be comfortable working with a geographically distributed team, including handling time zone differentials
- Have a collaborative, team-first attitude, sharing experience and offering support to the overall team
- Have a University degree or equivalent experience
- Appreciate the value diversity (in all its forms) brings to our team and company
- Experience working in a large organization is a plus, as is working in financial services. However, these are not required for motivated candidates.