Junior Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Markit Delta One, a division of IHSMarkit, is a specialist provider of managed and installed data services, delivering world-class data, technology and service solutions focusing on the complex and evolving Index and ETF data needs. Used in the front, middle and back office by the world’s leading Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Fund Administrators, Prime Brokers and Hedge Funds.
The role of the Junior Project Manager will involve working as an adjunct to the senior team members and assisting with their deliveries. This could entail taking on critical parts of wider solutions or working to organise smaller groups of individuals. The successful applicant would be comfortable working in a software development lifecycle environment and have basic database query skills. We would look to grow this role into a more senior position looking after the entirety of a given project as the applicant grows their knowledge of the department.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Working as part of an Agile program to bring clarity to parts of the organisation
- Producing technical reports for senior stakeholders
- Ownership of key project deliverables in support of the wider program
- Working to capture client requirements and build complete specifications for the development team
Education and Experience
- Degree level or higher
- Financial industry experience preferred but not essential
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven analytical experience
- Reporting to senior stakeholders
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Agile Project Management Training
- Prince2 Project Management Training
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members of all levels within the Agile methodology to improve the efficiency and quality of software delivery
Eligible colleagues must meet the requirements of the job as indicated in the posted job description.
Colleagues must have at least six months of continuous service in their current position with IHS to apply for a posted job, unless approval is granted by the colleagues’ supervisor and Human Resources. This period allows colleagues to become competent in their current role and demonstrate satisfactory performance.
Colleagues must be in good standing in their current role. Colleagues who have received Disciplinary Action or who have been on a Performance Improvement Plan within the past 6 months may not participate in the Job Posting Program, unless approval is granted by the colleague’s supervisor and Human Resources.
Provided that the colleague meets the eligibility requirements mentioned above, as well as the minimum requirements for the position of interest, the colleague should notify his /her supervisor of the intent to apply for an internal position, prior to posting. Any concerns with supervisory notification should be brought to the attention of Human Resources.