Junior Risk Analyst
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Our client is a leading UK based brokerage and commodities firm. They are looking to hire an enthusiastic and driven risk professional to join the team in London.
Our client is a leading UK based brokerage and commodities firm.
- Real time monitoring of client position, leverage, collateral balance and P&L to ensure adherence to pre-defined risk parameters.
- Proactive management of client accounts in excess of pre-defined risk parameters or experiencing trading losses to bring within parameters and/ or protect the firm’s capital. Actions may include prompt communication with clients on P&L trigger levels reached and, if necessary, forced liquidation of client positions/ portfolios.
- Daily reporting of key risk issues to both Risk and Business Management, including prompt escalation where required.
- Daily risk analysis on client positions including VaR, Sensitivity Analysis & Stress Testing.
- Real-time monitoring of markets, including potential volatility from economic releases and news events, to understand impact on client exposures and P&L.
- Production of daily risk reports and distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Margin adequacy analysis and margin requirement reconciliation between internal systems.
- Liquidity analysis of client portfolios and of individual underlying positions in relation to market depth.
- Responsibility for Start of Day (SoD) and End of Day (EoD) procedures, including Summary reports.
- Analysis and approval of Give-Ins.
- Analysis and approval for changes in risk parameters within the authorities dictated by the limit matrix.
- Responsibility for Emergency Procedures, including but not limited to: position confirmations, pulling working orders across various systems/ markets, forced liquidation of individual positions/ portfolios.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to risk policies & procedures at all times and escalation of potential issues.
- Delivering on allocated projects and system development items, assist in business continuity and disaster recovery.
For further information please contact Marcus Courtney