Canaccord Genuity is looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to work in our Trading department. This is an exciting new role that will offer the opportunity to work across our specialist trading desks, gaining maximum exposure to a complex and fast-paced business. This role will support the trading team in maximising our customer relationships and improving delivery and performance in meeting our customer requirements.
- Supporting traders across our specialist desks on a day-to-day basis;
- Analysing client and market data to help develop and execute trades;
- Assisting with the preparation of paperwork to activate and maintain client information;
- Shadowing senior members of the team to develop a deeper understanding of the market and our clients needs;
- Develop and maintain appropriate client, sector and industry knowledge. Taking responsibility to attend specialist industry courses/seminars and relevant client events and pitches;
- Increase knowledge and understanding of other CGL departments e.g. Research and Sales
Our ideal candidate
- Degree educated with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A strong interest in trading the financial markets.
- Previous internships or work experience in trading would be desirable but is not essential.
- Good understanding of relevant market data across the division including but not limited to Bloomberg and Fidessa would be desirable but is not essential.
- The ability to multitask and manage a variety of conflicting priorities whilst working in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the financial services industry, its staff and our clients.
- Analytically minded and highly numerate, with an ability to assimilate complex information.
- High level of self-motivation and able to work on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong excel analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.