Junior Trader/Trade Support
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Junior Trader/Trade Support
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18077348
A member of the EMEA Foreign Exchange Team, responsible for providing trade support for the Foreign Exchange traders with the aim of becoming a member of the trading team. This includes support for the execution of cash, swaps, forwards, options, and structured products. This will require extensive involvement in the pre and post trade processes, including documentation manufacture and management, trade booking and aftersales. The team member will have heavy interaction with traders, Operations / Tech, the Control Functions and the Banker / IC community. In addition to the day to day business, the candidate will also be heavily involved in project work, helping formulate ideas and building the business. There will also be a requirement to provide assistance to management in reporting and regulatory oversight.
This team is responsible for the advice and execution of all Foreign Exchange business across cash and derivative products, in the Citi EMEA Private Bank. The team is part of the joint venture between Citi Private Bank and Markets.
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world's wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi's government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world's billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi's holistic approach to wealth management.
Citi Private Bank is represented by more than 1,000 private bankers, investment professionals and product specialists across a network of 90 offices in 33 countries and over 128 currencies worldwide, making it the most global private bank.
• Trade support for an integrated team that covers the advice and execution of all Foreign Exchange products.
• Actively manage the support infrastructure surrounding the product processes - from product implementation, including documentation production / management (drafting, approval coordination) to trade booking, after sales process, and consolidated reporting and management.
• Assistance in coordination with traders and operations around bookings and regulatory matters
• Ensure conformity with global firm standards of client service, regulatory, compliance, and operating model
• Increase connectivity and engagement between Markets and Citi Private Bank clients and staff.
• Actively participate in the FX business and marketing of capabilities
• Assist with the roll-out and development of the Tech projects and platform improvements
• Assist and manage the regular MIS activity (Mgmt Reporting, daily sales reporting, blotter maintenance, various ad-hoc metric requests.
• Exposure to all Foreign Exchange products
• Opportunity to deepen knowledge of derivatives
• Exposure to end to end process from idea generation, execution, hedging through to delivery and client confirmations
• Unique insight into the mechanics of the Foreign Exchange market
• Opportunity to contribute to a growing business and enhance its functionality immediately
• Opportunity to move into a trading role based on progress
• Exposure to other asset classes
• Sales or Sales/Trading support background in Foreign Exchange ideally.
• Active experience in cash, derivatives and structured products.
• An additional language to English is beneficial, but not essential
• Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
• Strong IT skills essential
• Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
• Ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines.
• Problem solver and willing to learn
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Good initiative and Creativity - ability to present alternatives and construct new ideas.
• Ability to work in a changing, project based, team environment
• Strong service-focussed attitude
• Self- motivated
• Preferably Degree educated, however, exceptional candidates who do not meet this criteria may be considered provided they have the necessary skills and experience
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Drive and Determination
• Attention to Detail
• Innovation and Creativity
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Building Relationships
• Manages Risk
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer