KYC Advisor, Private Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
As part of the KH KYC Action plan, a Task force will be created to enhance to KYC and client review undertaken by the Private Banking teams by providing advice and guidance to increase the quality of the files.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Be part of a Task Force with the goal refreshing & enhancing due diligence on existing files with the assistance of private bankers.
• To ensure that the files are in line with policy and have all the information as required by agreed procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Guide and assist relationship managers in complying with the objectives of the KYC action plan.
• Review client due diligence documentation and questionnaires
• Complete the RRAF forms with the Banking teams
• Contact with clients when necessary
• Work constructively with other stakeholders such as Compliance & Middle Office in the performance of their tasks
• Assist in the preparation of management information to enable tracking of progress versus KYC action plan targets
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the KH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Can advise on decisions to be made within the bank policy, proposition and client risk profile
• Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
• Excellent knowledge of AML/KYC
• Experience in performing Customer Due Diligence
• Able to communicate effectively through different backgrounds and cultures
• Effective written and spoken communication skills
• Strong risk awareness and able to identify and confidently raise issues
• Ability to assess and analyse information
• Attention to detail and focus
• Team Spirit & Collaboration
• Business oriented and solution provider “able to think out of the box”
• Comfortable to have contacts with clients
• Arabic or Russian language is an asset
• Minimum 2 years experience in similar KYC front office supporting roles
• Excellent knowledge of AML/KYC
• Experience of working on Compliance related projects/Customer Due Diligence
• Wealth management and private banking experience is desirable
• Understanding of Middle East or Russian Market is an asset
• Necessary: Degree level qualified and / or can demonstrate significant financial services experience
• Desirable: Level 4 diploma qualified (or working towards), Compliance qualification
• Necessary: English
• Asset : Arabic, Russian
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.