KYC Analyst - New Business
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Advisory London Limited
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
The role is responsible for conducting KYC reviews for new clients. Through gaining a detailed understanding of our client base and systems, the analyst will help to ensure clients are KYC'd in accordance with Business Guidance.
Who are we?
Standard Bank Group is Africa's largest bank by assets. The Group delivers banking and related financial services that help strengthen Africa's connections to key international markets and in turn enhance those markets' connections to Africa. The Bank's representation spans 20 African nations and 11 countries outside of Africa including the key global financial centres.
The Group's 49,000 employees around the world deliver a complete range of services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking and wealth management. As a pioneer of emerging markets, where Africa is our 'home market'; Standard Bank is ideally placed to realise true value for our clients in economies with high growth potential.
Our Corporate & Investment Banking business attracts passionate professionals drawn to an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic, where talent is recognised and rewarded. We are hardworking, ambitious professionals who focus on achieving outstanding results, within a supportive and enthusiastic culture. Our continuing success relies on solid teamwork - effective collaboration between all of our people around the world. Consequently, we have built a reputation for innovating and developing local markets through informed insights, which lead to client focused products…. 'Africa is our home, we drive her growth'.
Authentic interactions are core to our relationships with clients, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders. It is supported by over 150 years of service and is the foundation of our culture driving the way we make decisions. Our capabilities and differentiators uniquely position us to fulfil our purpose and vision which is:
"To be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa; delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value"
The role is responsible for conducting KYC reviews for new clients.
Through gaining a detailed understanding of our client base and systems, the analyst will help to ensure clients are KYC'd in accordance with Business Guidance.
- Initiate and create KYC profiles for new customers in a timely manner using internal KYC systems and KYC tools
- Apply the "KYC Business Guidance for New Business and Periodic Review" with internal policies, procedures as well as any additional country requirements to obtain and analyse the necessary documents for KYC review of each customer
- Review publicly available sources of information to identify the structure of the customer or our business relationship or where available
- Work with the Front Office (or customer if appropriate) to source additional documentation if sufficient information is not publicly available
- Ensure that the customer and relevant/ key parties have been identified and recorded for screening purposes
- Review and prepare all KYC documentation for approval by the KYC Document Control team
- Documents should be presented in a professional manner and include a clear and concise rationale for any escalations to Management or Compliance and decisions made during the KYC review process
- Prepare physical documentation for scanning and uploading to KYC systems
- Provide feedback to reporting manager and escalate identified issues.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects which may arise with the aim of continuously improving internal processes and procedures whilst adhering to regulatory requirements
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Previous experience working in with New Business / KYC
- You will have a strong track record of reviewing, analysing and summarising information.
- You will have knowledge of UK regulations and industry guidance on customer due diligence (2007 Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG Guidance)
- You will be a "self-starter", yet a team player and could be best described as highly motivated, organised and have a pragmatic approach to work
- Attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines; ideally within financial services or a blue chip corporate environment
- This role will include significant interactions with the Investment Bankers - so naturally you will be a strong communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build, maintain and strengthen reciprocal working relationships
- Standard Bank is a relationship business where it helps to enjoy the challenges of working within a complex organisational matrix. You will have a flexible working style, accustomed to working within an environment that has ambiguity and someone who works well within multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- You will be inquisitive and have a desire to make a difference - not just within KYC, but you will also be keen to make an appropriate contribution to how we operate as a Bank throughout Africa
- You will have a natural curiosity about what's happening throughout all parts of the business and you won't be afraid to ask if and when you don't understand