LDI Client Fulfilment, Associate
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Fixed Income
BlackRock’s Global Fixed Income (GFI) platform brings together distinct, yet complementary businesses under one global structure. With over 400 investment professionals across the Americas, APAC and EMEA, and with a combined $1.45 trillion of AUM, Global Fixed Income draws on a depth of expertise and experience to provide clients with the most comprehensive and diverse investment strategies in the market today.
Across our Fundamental, Global Credit, Municipal, Model Based and Beta investment groups, we have many world class teams and products, covering both active and passive strategies. Each of our investment teams are responsible for delivering performance and continuing to evolve and improve their investment process so that future performance can be delivered.
The Liability Driven Investment (LDI) business is a distinct part of Global Fixed Income which leverages the breadth and depth of the entire fixed income platform when delivering investment solutions for our clients. BlackRock has been managing LDI mandates for over 20 years in the EMEA region. Since taking-on our first mandates in 1995, the business has grown to 251 LDI clients with £189bn1 AUM. The US LDI business has been managing assets for clients since 2006 and has grown to 217 LDI clients with $103bn1 AUM.
Who we are
Experts on client change management and servicing relating to complex, typically derivative based LDI mandates. The Client Fulfilment team aims to ensure an outstanding client experience for Client Solutions clients. The team provides expertise related to change process for all LDI mandates ensuring consistency and best practice within the LDI team. The team also play an important bridging role to the Global Sales and Operational departments helping to set service direction and building control processes.
What you will be doing
- Working alongside the LDI Portfolio Managers and Investment Strategists to design and implement changes to LDI mandates
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Operational team to deliver high quality and timely client change and service
- Responsible for the operational design of LDI & Synthetics mandates and ensuring the client set-up conforms to best practice for the BlackRock operating platform
- Attending client meetings and calls: Where expertise on client change implementation or servicing is required the team is responsible for attending and leading on the change element
- Drafting the guidelines for IMAs and producing instruction letters. This role also includes obtaining internal front office approvals
- Assisting the investment reporting production groups, including quality control reviewing of reports
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance LDI operating environment
- Providing subject matter expert support to the stakeholders responsible for handling client queries relating to operational set-up including client legal documents, implementation and reporting
- Responsible for resolving client requests regarding operational and data aspects
We are looking for people who are:
Accountable: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Finishers: You drive things to completion
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
What you should have
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Degree or higher-level qualification and demonstrated record of academic achievement
- 4+ years of asset management experience, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines
- Knowledge of capital markets investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Cash-related products) and of Derivatives
- A core understanding of the operation and applicability of derivatives to pension clients
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences
- Experience managing and working with multiple stakeholders
- High level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative
- Excellent team player
- Achievement of CFA, FRM, FSA or equivalent qualifications a plus
- Broad operational investment knowledge is essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.