The regulator has indicated LIBOR will be demised by the 31 December 2021. This means our entire book of business will need to transition to the new benchmark the Risk Free Rate (RFR). The role has been created to provide support in the IBOR transition project to the Client Service team acting as facility agent on syndicated loan transactions.
With over 300 hundred transactions to be migrated during this period as well as new RFR transactions will be on boarded during this period.
Provide support to the team during the transition in particular with the amendment process in the loan agreement and ancillary documents.
Continue to monitor market development including monitoring the transition and methodology to apply to non LIBOR benchmark
Maintain and improve the process for transition and on boarding of RFR transactions.
Maintain accurate data on our book during the transition.
- Building a strong understanding of the RFR concept. This means understanding the different methodologies and associated calculations and how this needs to translate in a loan agreement
- Provide support to the team on the transactions in handling amendments on this topic. Interacting with Lenders and Borrower when necessary.
- Act as an escalation contact for RFR matter on live transactions
- Ensure a robust data quality is maintained throughout the process as this will be key to the success of the project. This means building, updating and organizing different set of databased to monitor the progress of the migration and any future planned migrations.
- Interact with Operations and the IT team to ensure a smooth onboarding of all transaction, ensuring these can be supported in our operational system including checking operational readiness on any bespoke transactions.
- Be involved in internal meetings relating to the RFR project
- Coordinate the payment of the amendment costs on managed transactions.
- The jobholder will be required to display a strong client service work ethic, ensuring that customer requirements are understood; that our requirements and processes are explained; and that they display a commitment to service delivery that demonstrates that the client is at the heart of everything that we do. Ensure 'treating customers fairly' principles are adhered to at all times.
- Work with the team on new transactions as well as amendments on the existing book of business
- Act as an escalation point for the project within the team
- Actively engage with the different teams to ensure accurate data is maintained at all time and keep up to date with market development relevant to the project.
- Knowledge and understanding of the syndicated loan market and the role of the facility agent including for the different products range (Project and Export Finance, Leveraged Finance, corporate loans and Real Estate Finance) . .
- Strong client relationships skills to drive a first class client service focused model.
- Thorough understanding of market standard loan documentation as well as strong understanding of operational risk.