LINUX Redhat Administrator
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
LINUX Redhat AdministratorGlobal Technology Operations is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-directed UNIX Operations Engineer to join the EMEA Delivery and Operations team. The ideal candidate will be providing professional and technical leadership in support of the Linux based Infrastructure and strategy to all State Street business divisions. Also including the Performance Governance of State Street's support service providers and vendors.
- Subject matter expertise across all UNIX technical areas including incident, problem, change management, continual service improvement and client satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service
- Build and maintain strong operational relationships with our support vendors and 3rdParty suppliers through key governance forums
- Identification of areas within the UNIX infrastructure where action is needed in order to ensure sufficiently high availability and resiliency.
- Operate and develop our systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure platform security and consistency
- Engage in tools development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients
- Work with BAU Follow the SUN support on Major Incidents and RCA's
- Based on availability analysis or forecasted requirements, suggest measures aimed at increasing availability.
- Identification of upgrades or changes to ensure continued resilience & availability.
- Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues, with a focus on prevention rather than fix to ensure SLA's and service excellence are managed and maintained.
- Work cross-functionally to accomplish overall objectives.
- Technical Skills required: Solaris 8, 10, AIX 6.0, Redhat 5, 6, 7, Veritas Storage Foundation product suite (VXVM, VCS, VVR), NFS, NIS, SAMBA, ORACLE, SAN Connectivity
- Satellite, CDOM, LDOM.
- Performance management of Operating Systems, IO, CPU, RAM.
- Experience with one or more programming and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python.
- Understanding of network and application level parameters necessary to facilitate the design and deployment of resilient technology solutions.
- Strong functional knowledge of enterprise networking technologies and services.
- Manage large scale Linux development, deployments and challenges.
- Financial services experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors/clients.