LNG & Gas Analytics Sales Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 May 19
LNG & Gas Analytics Sales Specialist
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Grade: 11 (for internal purposes only)
Summary: Following the acquisitions of Bentek, Eclipse, RigData and PIRA, S&P Global Platts Analytics is now able to offer a truly global perspective. Our restructured analytics offering provides clients with deeper commodity coverage, alongside enhanced forecasts, data sets and tools, and enriched analytical expertise. An LNG & Gas analytics sales specialist is required to join our dynamic team of senior sales experts and support the growth of our analytics business, primarily through cross-selling to existing Platts customers and delivering increased value to existing analytics clients, through our enhanced offering.
The Role: The Analytics Sales - LNG & Gas is responsible for the revenue growth of Platts Analytics offering and to ensure Platts analytics clients receive value from their subscription. The role requires a combination of key account management and strategic business development skills underpinned by industry expertize.
Keys to success: The ability to understand client workflows, scope their needs and relate how Platts analytics offer a best-in-class solution to their requirements. The successful candidate should also be able to collaborate effectively in a team selling environment.
- Achieve net sales targets of the enhanced Platts analytics offering that combines the capabilities of legacy brands Eclipse, PIRA and Bentek in the Gas and LNG space.
- Identify key analytics prospects from within the existing Platts customer base and engage effectively, through sales and marketing channels, to convert into viable opportunities
- Achieve high levels of client satisfaction with regular touch-points throughout the subscription year that involve deep understanding of client needs and execute against key deliverables
- Participate in planning and executing account management schedule and detailed action plan.
- Lead the development of customer case studies for relevant 'big wins', clearly documenting the value of S&P Global Essential Intelligence to the customer's business operations.
- Use the insights gained from LNG and Gas customers to inform the Product Development and Marketing team activities & strategies, to ensure that Platts has relevant offers for local markets.
- Collaborate effectively with account managers to introduce, retain and grow analytics to Platts customers. Coach and inspire sales colleagues to support your common analytics goals.
- Support joint initiatives and actively participate in cross-functional teams across S&P Global in the LNG, Gas and rest of analytics space.
- Conduct extensive travel (30%) to meet clients and participate in conferences and key industry events
- Maintain CRM activity log, monthly reports, meeting notes and accurate forecasting.
- Must hold Bachelor's degree and preferably a Masters
- Proven B2B sales and/or management experience (preferably in LNG/Gas commodity data trading, research, consulting or related industry) with a track-record of achieving revenue targets, developing new markets and maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong solution-selling background with proven experience in maximizing customer value and through coordinated account planning and team approach both internally and externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PPT), Internet and CRM systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated strong relationship building with customers, markets and internal stakeholders. Strong oral and written skills are required to enable effective communications at all levels within the company and with customers
- Experienced negotiator, demonstrating logical, influencing and consulting skills. Ability to interact at the highest level of decision making with key industry players.
- Ability to independently acquire knowledge of industry, competitors, trends and products.
- Ability to travel 20-50%+ within the territory
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.