LOAN IQ Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
* Knowledge of the Loan IQ data model. * Knowledge of the Loan IQ API's. * Knowledge of SQL. * experience in delivering specifications that are well understood by both the business and development teams.
- Overview of the business area
- Current / future projects
- Broad objectives of the role
- Loan IQ (supplied by Misys) is a commercial lending system used by HSBC to satisfy loan servicing for Global Banking (GBM), Commercial Banking (CMB) and Security Services Corporate Trust and Loan Agency businesses (HSS CTLA). This covers servicing of so-called complex loans for HSBC in the capacity as a lender (HSBC participation and bilateral lending) and as a syndicated facility agent. Complex loans are characterized as high value corporate transactions, with complex terms and conditions, including syndicated loans.
- Loan IQ has already been implemented in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Dusseldorf and Toronto. The long term aim is that the system will become HSBC's global strategic solution for administration of all complex syndicated and bilateral loans.
- The role will be supporting the implementation of various initiative centered on Misys Loan IQ application for the strategic loan solution across HSS & GBM. We are looking to hire staff with specific domain and application knowledge.
Purpose of the Role
- Obtain and analyze business requirements.
- Document requirements and obtain business signoff.
- Document functional designs and obtain business signoff.
- Translate functional designs into technical designs for development team to build.
- Work with testing team to build system & regression test scripts.
- Ensure that HSBC's loan servicing operation is optimum.
- Review new and existing LoanIQ functionality that is available, but not currently used, to see if enabling would be more efficient.
- Driving a consistent approach and promoting best practice.
- Adhere to HSBC's governance standards.
- Assist third line production support when issues occur with LoanIQ functionality.
Additional Essential Experience
- Knowledge of the bilateral and syndicated loan market (including; loan's lifecycle, originations, secondary trading, agency functions, etc).
- Operational knowledge of Loan IQ application.
- Working knowledge of Loan IQ configuration.
- Ability to present and discuss the impacts resulting from change.
- Ability to configure LoanIQ to satisfy business requirements.
- Ability to analyze process flows.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to merge multiple existing workflows into a single standard flow.
- Knowledge of the Loan IQ data model.
- Knowledge of the Loan IQ API's.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Proven experience in delivering specifications that are well understood by both the business and development teams.
- Proven experience in an offshore / onshore IT Development environment.
- Knowledge of IBM Cognos (not essential).
- Knowledge of IBM DataStage (not essential).
Additional Key Skills
- Knowledge of project lifecycles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and experience of communicating complex ideas to senior management and key stakeholders as well as to project team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate with and manage both IT professionals and business units.
- Relationship management and networking skills.