An international bank is seeking a seasoned Credit professional to support their EMEA Credit department for a temporary assignment. The successful applicant will have significant exposure to large corporates credit analysis, ideally across both the Automotive and Construction sectors. Previous Front Office or Sanctioning experience essential.
This is a temporary position for maternity cover within the London based EMEA Credit Department.
The role holder will be responsible for an active portfolio of Investment and sub-Investment grade groups in the Automotive and Construction sectors.
- Credit analyst responsible for a portfolio of Investment and sub-Investment grade counterparties covering the Automotive and Construction sectors.
- In addition, oversight for a mixed sector portfolio of EMEA based subsidiaries of major foreign corporates.
- Role requires the analysis and timely management of a portfolio of globally recognised Automotive and Construction related counterparties.
- The work will include the review, analysis and subsequent recommendation to Credit Management of a wide range of credit related requests covering new money, renewals, annual and ad-hoc credit risk gradings, and waiver/ amendments.
- Credit Departments interacts with numerous internal and external stakeholders. However, the key stakeholders are the various Front Office relationship and product groups, and London based Senior Management and the International Credit Department.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a Credit Management role (either Front Office or Sanctioning) within a major international bank.
- Confident in undertaking corporate credit analysis in a structured manner enabling clear identification and articulation of risk issues, and how these may be mitigated.
- Experience of engaging with Front Office professionals to manage credit transactions from inception to close.
- Providing appropriate challenge, under guidance, to Front Office on risk issues of a client / transaction and developing suitable workable solutions.
- Evidence of the ability to work independently in order to actively manage transactions deadlines, with early escalation to Senior Management of material issues.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and influencing Senior Management principally within the Credit Department and Front Office units.
- Preparation and / or analysis of appropriate forward-looking projections to generate clear view on risk appetite.
- Experience of problem asset management or work outs would also be an advantage.
Specific Experience and Qualifications
- Degree level education or equivalent professional qualifications (e.g. ACA/ ACCA/ ACT). Preference also for CFA qualifications.
- Advanced level credit skills.
- Experience of the Automotive sector preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to support preparation of succinct, and focused credit papers.
- Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills.