Lead Business Analyst - UK
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. About the Role:
Technologists at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest.
The Global Technology Investments team is looking for a hands-on internal technology product manager who combines ambition with humility. In this role you own the product backlog for a range of capabilities for one of the Investment technology team's premier platforms, Lens, supporting our Equity Investment Users. Lens is a digital platform that unifies the internal research, analytics, execution management and decision support workflow for Investors. This role will require a technical background and general understanding of investment concepts. Using analytical thinking and a strong dose of creativity, you will work with engineers, designers and business partners to drive the success of the product.
The Product Manager is a multi-disciplinary role that can take strong ownership of all phases of product development. You will be responsible for understanding an Equity Investor's (Portfolio Manager, Trader or Analyst) goals, defining requirements and packaging features into a product roadmap that meets those goals. You will work closely with other Product Managers to ensure alignment with our larger product strategy for Lens. You will also lead user onboarding for a large set of London and Asia-Pac based Investors. Key Responsibilities:
- Own the entire lifecycle - develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for features or capabilities in alignment with overall product strategy
- Prioritize features and/or initiatives by aligning to business and technology strategy
- Lead user onboarding and feedback intake London and Asia-Pac based users
- Where required, provide tier-1 support through a customer success like a approach
- Understand Investment product strategy and ensure alignment across design, data and engineering
- Understand financial markets and competitive product capabilities with specific attention to risk, performance & analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to think boldly and creatively to create concrete product ideas and business cases for new capabilities
- Establish product KPI's to measure both the user experience and the development process
- Collaborate and coach other product managers
- Collaborate with strategic data vendors to coordinate use of data within the scope of product
- A BS/BA degree in computer science, management, business, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience operating as the Product Owner / Manager within an agile environment
- Flexibility to rotate to other products within Investments
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Curiosity - interested in understanding users, the market and problems the product seeks to solve in everyday work.
- Must think strategically about priorities, and determine the "must have" versus "nice to have" among various features that might be developed or work you need to address
- Experience interacting with executives both internally and externally to present product and solicit feedback
- Strong listening skills to draw out insights and understand not just the what, but also the why, in product feedback and discussions
- Proactively looks for what's coming around the corner and thinks strategically about how to adjust to future states while still managing for execution today
Why T. Rowe?
- MBA, MS, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years as a product manager in a financial services company
- Knowledge of risk, scenario analysis & portfolio analytics
You will work with smart, talented people across our business. We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we will give you challenging work that has an impact / opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table-because that is how we help our clients succeed.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.