DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Lead Business Architect working on some of the most complex and exciting projects in the UK Up to £80,000 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Lead Business Architect to work closely with senior stakeholders on the design and implementation of a robust business architecture strategy.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a lead Business Architect you'll be working with senior stakeholders to develop and deploy the departments business architecture strategy, steering the delivery of change through thorough analysis and modelling to highlight requirements, improvements and new technology. You'll be using your expert knowledge and experience to offer support, guidance and coaching to the team, becoming an ambassador for the department and its strategic roadmap.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Seek out shared interests beyond own area of responsibility, understanding the extent of the impact actions have on the organisation. Inspire and motivate teams/stakeholders to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role.
- Communicate with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way in order to build trust. Explain complex issues in a way that is easy to understand. Deliver difficult messages with clarity and sensitivity, being persuasive when required. Monitor the effectiveness of own and team communications and take action to improve where necessary.
- Ensure plans and activities in your area of work reflect wider strategic priorities and communicate effectively with senior leaders to influence future strategies. Bring together views, perspectives and diverse needs of stakeholders to gain a broader understanding of the issues surrounding policies and activities.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the target operating model and identifies the impact on operational service.
- Determines the strategic vision and direction. Positively influences key senior stakeholders. Provides an arbitration function.
- Significant business architecture leadership experience building business-wide relationships, influencing at senior level to achieve business outcomes. Providing consultancy-level support through the practical application of a range of business architecture methods, analysing enterprise-wide business scenarios to produce valued insight. Steering, coaching and mentoring junior colleagues to support their development.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in London, Blackpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield or Birmingham, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £80,000 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.