Lead Data Scientist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 27 Jul 18 2018-07-27
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
Over the last two years data science has been established with strong successes in the Trading and Securities businesses. We are now looking for a driven data scientist to take the offering to the next level.
The successful candidate will create a strong Data Science discipline connecting model performance and prescriptive outcomes directly back to revenue and performance benefits.They will also enjoy bringing the best out of team members and coaching others to perform at their best level. Our environment will ensure that they are empowered and empower others to identify and deliver on use cases across multiple business areas, technologies and stakeholders.
Key deliveries include:
- Build a transformative Data Science function to enable a data-driven organisation
- Form the Data Science strategy from use case analysis through to delivery phase options which may include exploratory analysis, associative/classification, reduction, segmentation and predictive techniques
- Leading engagement with Front Office and Support Functions to develop business-driven data science use cases and solutions
- Partner with Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Data Governance to form the Chief Data Office (CDO) leadership team and ensure end-to-end delivery excellence for stakeholders
- Hands-on approach to implementation with the ability to lead and mobilise team members to deliver on initiatives
- Establish and maintain approach, model and deployment best practices to ensure high quality end product
- Engage Technology and Support Functions to ensure excellence in model implementation
- Drive forward the key initiatives of the CDO office
Core Skills and Attributes
Quantitative/Computer Science degree or equivalent with PHD preferred
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Strong experience and thorough understanding of AI/ML/Computational Stats models through to value proposition generation. This should include expertise in data science methods for exploration, correlation, prediction, classification, reduction and segmentation.
A strong team mentality towards coaching and bringing the best out of team members
Experience preferred in in-house tools:
Modelling: R, SparkR
Data Query: SQL, MapR/Hadoop/Apache Drill.
Thorough understanding of corporate banking market segments and offerings
Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
Knowledge of the regulatory environment including FSA regulations
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Takes initiative
- Outgoing and confident
- Team player who thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Constant willingness to learn at all levels