Lead Designer (UX/UI)ABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 650 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
Exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a small team at Octopus that is building high volume fintech platforms. Our first product, OctopusChoice.com is the fastest growing p2p lending platform in Europe. Our design team work closely with Product Managers, who run SCRUM development teams to deliver constant changes and improvements across all our platforms. You will be constantly: exposed to innovation, building new products, and engineering for high growth. Fun!
- You are a digital native, you've always designed for both mobile as well as responsive web.
- You follow trends but are not slave to them.
- You have your own vision but are happy to collaborate with other designers when necessary.
- You dream in pixels.
- You are empathetic to people, have an eye on technical constraints and driven by business goals.
- You are an empathetic problem-solver who sees everything as a prototype that you love testing and constantly iterating to improve.
- You know how to measure customer happiness with analytics and heat maps.
- You are an all-rounder who can take a product from discovery with stakeholders to final designs and specification for developers.
- You are inventive and experimental.
- You enjoy owning design and making independent design decisions.
- You are able to communicate and explain the rationale to stakeholders at various levels
- You love to practice latest design thinking and comfortable shaping and leading product teams through Design Process.
- You are detailed and organized
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You have a passion for quality design and innovation
- You have a thirst for learning
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to execute creative solutions
- Design intuitive interfaces and craft authentic experiences with business goals in sight
- Bring ideas to the table, explain your point of view, and take feedback and direction
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without breaking a sweat
- Firm understanding of information architecture and UX design
- Sketch and wireframe digital experiences
- Create user flows, workflow mappings, and other communication artefacts
- Deliver clear information architecture in all deliverables
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
- Work closely with stakeholders to design new features from the ground up
- Consistent support to partner teams to successfully drive design that meets customer experience and business goals
- Solid foundation in visual design
- Solid technical understanding and experience working with engineering to deliver great user experiences
- Experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
• Flexible working hours.
• Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
• Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
• Relaxed, creative environment.
• Stunning office.
WHERE? This position requires you to work from our offices in Central London. However, we do offer flexible working hours and have a work-from-home policy
WHAT NEXT? Send a brief cover letter and a CV
You must have the right to work in the UK!