Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer (AWS)
FNZ empowers the world ' s largest financial institutions to help people achieve their financial goals. We leverage advanced technology and processing scale to deliver improved engagement, seamless service, lower costs and personalisation in financial services.
At FNZ, you will work with some of the most talented people in the financial services and technology space. We employ over 2,000 people, and are a rapidly growing firm in markets spanning Europe, Asia, Australia and NZ. This creates continuous opportunities to be challenged, evolve your knowledge and skills, and work with some of the largest financial institutions globally, as our customers.
We offer a range of opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge, including mentoring from experts in the various financial, technology, regulatory and risk management roles that we employ, through to formal training programmes and recognition of self-directed training and development.
We only employ the best people, into a truly meritocratic environment, where talent, ambition and results are more important than years of service. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day running of the DevOps team that is focused on innovation and new products
- Distribute and prioritise work for the team.
- Reporting to senior managers.
- Provide Technical support and architecture advice for internal technical teams.
- Develop, maintain and support production infrastructure and software systems.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and Integrate security at every level of the stack.
- Investigate new technology (both Cloud and on-premise) and solutions as needed.
Technical Qualifications and Experience: Essential:
- Proven track record of leading a team.
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience in the reduction and removal of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the DevOps department and engineering department as a whole
- Hands-on building and maintaining essential IT infrastructure running in AWS, I.e. VPN, Jenkins.
- A keen interest in DevOps methodologies, software architecture and cloud computing.
- Passion for developing scalable, performant architecture & software.
- Experience in building social products, technologies and platforms
- Experience in financial services products and payment systems
- Understanding of Blockchain technologies
- Culturing and promote DevOps practices whenever and wherever possible.
- Aspects of this role will also encompass both quality assurance and continuous site/software testing.
- Be very well organized with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Able to identify and prioritize work and provide creative solutions to problems.
- Good infrastructure as code practice: Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef
- Containers (Docker), Kubernetes is a distinct advantage
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Node.js or Go
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Networking: AWS VPCs, Subnet, Route Tables, Security Groups, NACLs
- EC2, ALB, Auto Scaling Groups, Route53
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- AWS recommended good practices in general and security in specific.
- AWS ECS / EKS
- Hashicorp Vault
- MSc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- AWS qualified solution architect, professional
- Supportive and reliable team leader, who can manage and mentor more junior team
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Strong interpersonal skills.