- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Lead Engineer
- This is an opportunity to join our innovative eRisk development team
- You'll be working in partnership with system architects within our tech function, with close interaction with other development teams and support teams
- Develop your existing technical skills, and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You'll be joining the eRisk development team which has six Java developers in London and two in India. They develop and maintain a Java server-side risk management system, covering the generation, caching, and aggregation of risk across multiple asset classes, with a focus on fixed income.
You'll be managing a range of deliverables, both immediate and long-term, and you'll communicate with peers and use knowledge of the business and technology context to drive changes in our productions environment.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Actively contributing to the high and low level design, technology and architecture choices and performance optimisations of the system
- Working closely with Front Office business users and various programme teams to fully understand functional requirements and dependencies
- Collaborating closely with other technical teams in the quant, eTrading and infra domains
- Producing high quality, scalable, testable and modularized code
The skills you'll need
You'll need strong Java development skills along with strong experience of distributed caching, and demonstrable knowledge in software engineering issues such as designing to handle a variety of latency and concurrency use cases.
You'll also need:
- Experience of enterprise integration patterns
- In depth technical knowledge with the ability to interact with a wide set of stakeholders within technology, risk, finance and trading
- Experience to performance tune and optimise highly scalable distributed applications and enable their vertical and horizontal scaling
- Proven experience in delivering solutions that cover the full lifecycle of applications in a quality and sustainable way, including resiliency, latency, DR and failover
- Familiarity with software development and system architecture patterns
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.