: You will be part of a world class engineering team architecting various solutions for business requirements within different product offerings of Sustainable1. The team is responsible for ensuring cloud solutions that deliver Greater Reliability & Resilience, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability. The Impact
: You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills in architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud & data centers, implementing cloud service catalog and service governance solutions, and driving implementation of our cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development & business stakeholders. What's in it for you
: You will have the opportunity to work on the enhancements to the existing and new systems at Sustainable1. You will be part of a team that would demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The lead engineer will be responsible for supporting a large-scale deployment and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment. Responsibilities
What We're Looking For:
- Administer AWS infrastructure including compute, network and storage resources.
- Provision compute instances in AWS and manage resource utilization.
- Engineer storage solutions, content replication, meet performance requirements.
- Engineer network solutions in AWS and establish connectivity to data centres.
- Develop Linux & Ansible scripts to deploy systems configurations on the Cloud.
- Deploy security patches and upgrades on RedHat Linux Operating Systems.
- Configure core services like DNS, LDAP, syslog, mail etc.
- Deploy RDS/Aurora database instances and coordinate with DBA teams.
- Deploy managed services in AWS for Kinesis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, API Gateway etc.
- Orchestrate container deployment using ECS, EKS, Docker
- Deploy systems monitoring and reporting solutions.
- Recommend hardware and right sizing infrastructure.
- Coordinate implementation of Firewall rules and routing changes.
- Investigate latency issues, network packet drops, system performance issues.
- Address security vulnerabilities in infrastructure.
- Participate in Risk Assessment reviews, audits.
- Implement highly available & fault-tolerant solutions to withstand system failures.
- Maintain network diagrams, systems installation configuration & guides, support procedures and runbook.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Infrastructure vuln management and remediation, OS, and cloud vulnerabilities.
- Good to have experience on vulnerability scanner tool like R7
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- AWS Certification and RedHat Linux Certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Application DevOps automation or Infrastructure Engineering
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, GitHub, Artifactory)
- Experience with AWS managed services
- Experience in RedHat Linux scripting
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years industry experience in a cloud and Devops environment.
- Administer Redhat Linux & Windows Operating Systems
- Deploy OS patches & perform upgrades
- Configure filesystems & allocate storage
- Develop Unix scripts
- Develop scripts for automation of infrastructure provisioning.
- Configure Security Groups, Roles & IAM Policy
- Monitor infrastructure and develop utilization reports
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of various Load Balancers in a large data centre environment
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
272651 Posted On:
Virtual, United Kingdom