Lead Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
- 75K to 85K, excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Feb 19
Multi award-winning FinTech, backed by a Tier 1 US Investment Bank; inspiring mission to use technology to help consumers plan their financial futures. "Tech First" culture where leadership are bought into innovation as a priority. Interfacing directly with senior leadership, you will need to be excited by liaising with this level. Having grown from inception to almost 200 people in the last 5 years, they are pushing on at equal speed, and your career acceleration within an organisation like this could be dramatic.
The primary purpose of the hire is to lead tech strategy and make a recommendation to the Board around achieving a company wide cloud migration (AWS). Once the recommendation plan is agreed, you will lead and build the team for the migration and beyond.
You will be:
· Owning tech strategy and recommendations to the Board around the existing & future cloud platform.
· Working with great autonomy: leading and building a DevOps culture team in your own image...people, culture and tooling.
· Designing & implementing improved data security strategies for the company platform.
· Collaborating with the development team to ensure platform reliability remains excellent across all deployments.
· Define Service Level Objectives for the Platform, including working with other departments to define appropriate availability targets.
· Responsible for continuous deployment & release improvements to support ambitious future plans, including deployment to secured third-party environments for a variety of different clients.
· Strong leadership skills and potential to work at the top level, as the company continues to grow.
· Excellent in your knowledge of cloud (AWS ideally) platforms.
· Good knowledge of Python or Ruby, along with Linux.
· Proven in your track record of supporting web platforms (e.g. websites or API’s) in production at scale.