Lead Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 14 Dec 18
Lead Software Engineer
– Do you want to design new software and drive out efficiencies in existing business processes? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We're looking for a full stack software engineer to:
– provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as leaders in financial services
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– conduct code reviews and test software, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
– be able to conduct requirements-gathering activities, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– work with the global Performance Measurement, Benchmark teams and vendors to migrate accounts to new strategic platforms and document requirements
– as well as develop software, you will also be able to define user stories and assist with writing up test cases and perform the testing alongside users
– assist in quality control and project management
You'll be working in the Core IT team in the Asset Management domain. We are a small friendly team in London, Zurich and New York supporting the Investment Performance and Benchmark teams within the Asset Management business.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?