As a Lead Software Engineer within our Digital team, you'll report jointly into our Architecture and Engineering team and our Client and Advisor Technology team, in a "guilds and gangs" setup. You'll be responsible for providing hands-on technical leadership to a team in implementing and testing components of our digital client experience platform, and driving forwards our goal of fully automated, cloud-native software delivery that allows us to deliver with speed and true agility.
You'll have worked on modern, scalable and resilient software projects, ideally Internet-facing, and will have a sound understanding of what "good" looks like in an engineering team.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
- You have extensive experience working with TypeScript, Node.js and React.js, ideally coupled with a headless CMS such as Contentful and with a containerised back end environment using Kubernetes.
- You understand what it takes to design and develop APIs.
- You have experience in using web testing frameworks, expressing tests in Gherkin, and writing test code in TypeScript using Node.js.
- You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
- You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in software engineering, and how you helped teams implement and improve on those practices in previous roles.
- You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
- You appreciate both the importance of development and testing for "non-functional" requirements and, hopefully, why that phrase is in inverted commas!
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Flex of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 16%
- 25 days holiday (plus Public holidays)
You belong here
Schroders Personal Wealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, socio-economic background, educational background, or age.