S&P Global Ratings The Role :
Lead Software Engineer The Location :
London, UK Grade
: 11 The Team:
S&P Global corporates value stream technology team consists of geographically diversified software engineers responsible to develop scalable solutions by working directly with product development team. Our team culture is oriented towards equality in the realm of software engineering irrespective of hierarchy promoting innovation. One should feel empowered to iterate over ideas and experimentation without being afraid of failure. The Impact:
You will enable S&P ratings business to provide best in class end-to-end analytical, commercial and customer experience by building feature rich solutions including big data engineering, analytics, business intelligence and workflow capabilities. What's in it for you:
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream. Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global Ratings product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud.
Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development, and support of tech solutions
What we are looking for:
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code.
- Document and demonstrate solutions using technical design docs, diagrams, and stubbed code.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
Required technical skills:
- A minimum of 10+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Develop design and architecture exposure and ability to ensure quality across various technology components that are developed by geographically diversified software engineer.
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Lead SAFe by example, removes impediments, Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Azure DevOps, unit-testing tool and defect management tools.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in Technology (application development and production support).
- Strong hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and successfully deploying critical and complex projects.
- Strong Java/.NET Core skills with experience in development of concurrent and distributed systems
- Advanced experience with Spring-based technologies (Spring Boot etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing REST APIs & micro services-based solutions.
- Basic Knowledge of User Interface design & development using Angular, React, HTML5, XML & CSS
- Working knowledge in AWS cloud (EC2, ECS, Load Balancer, Security Group, EMR, Lambda, S3, Glue, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps development and deployment using docker and containers.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
About S&P Global Ratings
- Working with the newest technologies
- Job position matched to your experience and expectations
- Recharge - is S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take
- Global Wellbeing Support - S&P Global will reimburse you each year, up to 800 GBP for wellbeing-related activities, for expenses that help you achieve your own healthy lifestyle - mind, body and spirit.
- Five days off for charity/volunteering
- 5 additional Wellbeing days in year
- Free day on birthday and work anniversary
- Paid parental leave of 26 weeks for all parents
- 10 days of fully paid sick leaves
- Options to work from home
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
290125 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom