An Asset Manager based in London, are looking to hire a Lead software Engineer on a 9 - 12 months fixed term contract. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The Front Office Investments technology team requires a hands-on Senior Developer to work on an enterprise data initiative to establish a firm-wide single source of truth for Security Reference, and related data. The solution will be a combination of an in-house AWS hosted solution integrated with products such as Bloomberg PolarLake and Bloomberg Back Office and Data License.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle for their projects
- Performs technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications.
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings.
- Contributes to the development of best practices within their group
Role Summary and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery
- Recommends and contributes to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact
- Accountable for the quality, maintainability and security of a component or application
- Capable of leading regular, ongoing development projects and teams
- Accountable for the quality, maintainability and security of key components or applications
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Good understanding of investment management industry, security data lifecycle across front, middle and back-office (Preferred)
- Extensive experience of Java/Python/AWS
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and extensive relevant experience
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Converses in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates deep experience in automated testing and techniques
- Defines testing strategy for products and ensures adherence to strategy
- Sets standards for code reviews
- Debugs any system, even those not written by themselves
- Performs as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches other around such practices
- Provides oversight of the all development activities on assigned projects
- Owns technical debt for multiple components or systems
- Provides a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience
- Work closely with Analysts and PMs to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged