Lead Systems Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 23 Sep 17
Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Wellington Management Client Applications IT team provides and maintains applications to support client-facing teams including Client Servicing, Relationship Management, Business Development, Marketing, Product Management and the Wellington Funds Group.
We are seeking a Lead Systems Analyst to be part of a global IT team, leading the Client Applications space for EMEA. This individual will directly provide local user support, operational assistance and project management to a globally distributed team of over 800 users. An important focus of this role is to help develop the next generation of tools for Wellington Management including reporting, CRM and web solutions. The individual will be working with Engineers, Architects and Product Managers to build the breakthrough solutions our users will adopt and use while keeping the current applications stable and scalable.
This position requires a high level of flexibility to manage the day to day application support requirement while working on strategic initiatives with business and technical groups to improve, expand and enrich the application environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive user support, particularly with respect to investment data, client reporting and salesforce. Track, execute, resolve, and report on support and enhancement requests, in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensure the continuous availability and operational resiliency of a suite of Client Applications and related components, both internally built and vendor packages.
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships by having a high degree of continuous interaction with the end users and ensuring their needs are incorporated into future solutions.
- Partner with end-users and business managers to proactively identify opportunities for new and improved systems. Act as the go-to person for idea generation and thought leadership.
- Partner with regional / global IT project managers on the regional rollout of new applications and provide training to users, feedback to product teams and become the "champion" of successful launches.
- Take ownership of production incidents, collaborate with others on remediation, and manage these issues through to a satisfactory completion.
- Participate in firm wide initiatives such as disaster recovery testing, security audits, infrastructure hardware & software upgrades or patches, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective Software Vendor relationships for locally supported applications.
- Stay abreast of the "state of the art" as it relates to end-user support, both within Wellington and throughout the industry.
- Take ownership and accountability for managing projects based in London, such as the development of a global marketing web presence for our fund business.
- This individual should have an understanding of Fixed Income, Derivatives, and Equity instruments and analytics as they would relate to an Institutional Client Service/Reporting environment.
- Strong technical proficiency to support a cross-technology production environment and should be adept in writing SQL commands and navigating relational databases to resolve investment data issues.
- The role demands a proactive approach to User support: self-starter attitude, inquisitive nature, and desire to seek and propose improvements and solutions locally and globally.
- This individual should have the technical proficiency to support a cross-technology production environment and should be adept in writing SQL commands/ navigating relational databases to resolve investment data issues.
- The candidate should be comfortable mentoring and providing guidance to the team, both onshore and offshore, as well as handling the logistics of keeping the team running smoothly.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience with at least five years in institutional asset management or financial services.
- Strong understanding of investment data, Equity, Fixed income and Derivatives instruments and analytics.
- Working knowledge of various fund structures (UCITS, non-UCITS, share classes etc.) and distribution channels (retail, intermediary, institutional).
- Demonstrated client focus and relationship management skills.
- Possess a degree of knowledge and understanding on supporting infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely from core US-based colleagues and resources.
- Strong SQL query skills and experience with Oracle/SQL Server relational databases and tools.
- Hands-on experience supporting a Client Reporting platform or processes a strong plus.
- Previous experience acting in a business analysis/ project manager capacity, including end-user support in the EMEA financial industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree, or concentrations in Computer Science or MIS degree is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experiences with the following Vendor Applications beneficial: Salesforce.com; Factset & Bloomberg (market data); Web platforms such as Kurtosys and Acquia; Reporting solutions such as Seismic and Jasper BI
- Experience with other cloud technologies, including Amazon (SQS/SNS, S3 storage)
Lead Systems Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .