Lead Visual Designer
Lead Visual Designer
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Lead Visual Designer
to join HSBC Technology.
CMB Technology sits within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology (HOST). Our team provides the technology solutions that enable the business to operate and service customers. From cutting edge relationship management platforms built using Agile/DevOps to industrial strength engines that power global online websites and trade platforms, our highly engaged and talented team can do it all.
CMB Digital Channels is a major Service Line within CMB Technology, responsible for the technology channels to Commercial & Global Banking clients ('HSBCNet') & its underling payments / transactions engine ('Connect') as well as the internet & mobile platforms for Small to Medium Enterprises ('Business Banking'). What you will be doing;
The Lead Digital Visual Designer is accountable for leading the visual design of existing and new products with HSBC's corporate banking space, ensuring designs meet the expectations of both stakeholders and clients, are delivered on-time and to the highest standards, alongside mentoring and providing support to the design teams across multiple work streams and projects. You will be leading a team of digital visual designers (on and off-shore) working within a cross functional team made up of a product owner, user experience designers, visual designers, scrum master, developers and testers.
The Lead Digital Visual Designer will work with stakeholders, governance teams and internal clients to ensure that visual design is championed and considered in proposed solutions and respond to challenges at all stages of the creative process. Communication is vital to the Lead role, where personal and industry experiences are key in ensuring a positive, collaborative, supportive working environment. Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Be the 'face' of visual design with the senior stakeholders, by building close relationships, trust and confidence to your approach within the teams
- Drive innovative thinking to the key stakeholders that challenges the brief and delivers a better solution
- Understand and adhere to existing guidelines and documentation and help develop new components, products and the design language itself.
- Create sketches and storyboards to help visualise early design solutions and at the other end, provide assets for development and build
- Raise the level of craft, attention to detail, care and finish within the design teams
- Work closely with other teams to share knowledge, coordinate resources across projects and preserve and enhance a collaborative culture and build and manage relationships with development teams and engage with these teams to ensure build replicates the visual design.
- Experience leading design teams (on and off-shore), mentoring and working collaboratively under pressure.
- Experience running design workshops, stakeholder engagements, working groups and assisting teams with all design related issues.
- Experience in working with UX/IA teams to design heavy/complex, multi-language, accessible data interfaces.
- Experience in presenting designs to internal clients/teams/stakeholders and articulating/advocating the role of visual design in product development.
- In-depth knowledge of digital product design (responsive behavior, interaction, considerations for build)
- Full proficiency of Sketch and associated design packages as well as software project management (JIRA, Confluence etc) and agile working methodologies
- Exposure to working within banking/corporate/ financial institutions and university degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design
These roles will primarily be based on site in London at 8 Canada Square.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.