Leading Canadian Pension Fund seeks Associate to join Investment team in London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Leading Canadian Pension Plan seeking an Associate to join investments practice, looking to acquire minority equity stakes in both public and pre-IPO companies.
This team looks to acquire minority equity stakes with investments typically ranging from €100-€500 million, to finance transformational initiatives in both public and pre-IPO companies. Transformational initiatives include organic growth, M&A opportunities, strengthening of balance sheets, and transitioning of ownership blocks.
The Associate will also have the unique opportunity to gain experience on a wide range of deals across the private investment platform.
- Analyse and evaluate potential investment opportunities, including business models, key value drivers and investment risks
- Prepare and analyse sophisticated financial models to assist in investment evaluation
- Work closely with external advisors, consultants and partners to support the due diligence process and incorporate the findings into a financial model
- Prepare presentations and investment recommendations for senior management
- Monitor on-going financial and operational performance of portfolio companies
- Work with portfolio company management teams to implement value-enhancing initiatives
- Monitor company and industry developments and disseminate relevant information to the team
- Support the preparation of internal annual valuations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- 3-4 years’ of related work experience, preferably in investment banking or private equity
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and ability to perform in-depth, critical analysis
- Strong financial modelling and valuation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Great communications skills (oral and written)
- Team player with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, and possess unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Ability to meet tight timelines and operate in a highly competitive and demanding work environment
- Candidates must possess valid work authorization for the United Kingdom and be willing to travel