Leading Hedge Fund - Fund Controller
- £50k - £60k, exceptional bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 26 Jun 18 2018-06-26
Opportunity to grow a rapidly expanding, successful, well established and high profile hedge fund as a fund controller with a real focus on value add tasks and decision making. Ideally suited to a recently chartered candidate with experience of auditing hedge funds or alternatively a chartered accountant with between 1-2 years experience of product control in a bank but keen to experience a hedge fund environment.
Maldon Partners are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the highest profile hedge funds in Europe, the business has grown tremendously quickly and now has in excess of £15bn of assets under management across hedge funds, UCITS and managed accounts.
They are based in impressive offices in Mayfair with 45 staff based in London. They have also recently expanded into the Far East with offices in Tokyo and allied with their European presence they expect to continue to rapidly grow their investor commitments.
Whoever secures the role will have day to day access and interaction with the fund analysts and with time the portfolio managers developing a genuine understanding of both broader portfolio strategy and thinking for macro hedge funds but also trading strategy for optimal success in positions. The role is extremely analytical, this person will be responsible for production of fund level management information for investors producing attractive MI around best/worst trading positions taken by the fund, allocation by geography/asset class etc.
Role responsibilities will be varied and develop quickly but will include:
- Generating, interpreting and reporting risk, performance and financial information to traders, portfolio managers and investors. Reports will be prepared from raw data and for example will include; detailed investor newsletters, attribution of returns, exposures and any ad hoc queries from investors.
- Monitoring and reconciling fund performance and exposures on a daily basis;
- Preparing and reviewing risk and performance metrics to meet regulatory reporting requirements;
- Reviewing NAV statements prepared by the fund administrators which includes; reviewing detailed fee calculations, individual position valuations, reconciliations and accruals.
- Responsible for the daily / weekly processes of the fund such as; working with administrators to resolve issues
- Taking responsibility for the funds’ audits, liaising with the administrators and auditors as well as ensuring annual tax filings and other regulatory filing requirements are met. Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. fund administrators, auditors, prime brokers
- Formulating and implementing automated solutions to meet reporting requirements
The role is ideally suited to a recently chartered candidate (ACA) with experience of auditing hedge funds or alternatively a chartered accountant with between 1-2 years post qualification experience of product control in a bank but keen to experience a hedge fund environment. Applicants must have good communication skills, be driven to better understanding financial products and systems and be happy to work in a small team that is internally high profile.