- Competitive with benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
Broadridge Financial Solutions
Close Date: 17th November 2017
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Salary: Competitive with Benefits
Responsible to: Chief Counsel, International
- LLB or equivalent (min 2:1)
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales or common law based jurisdictions; 3-4 years PQE
- At least 2 years of experience from a leading law firm (commercial/corporate/TMT department, with at least 1 year in a TMT department) and at least 1 year of experience from a leading technology company OR at least 4 years of experience from a leading technology company (with a robust legal training program).
- At least 2 years of experience drafting and negotiating large/complex technology contracts without direct supervision.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of general commercial contracts (including agency agreements, marketing reseller agreements, and partnership agreements).
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts in jurisdictions outside of the UK (including EMEA, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia).
- Experience reviewing and negotiating commercial schedules and project documents;
- Experience managing legal projects;
- Experience managing or assisting in dispute resolution matters;
- Experience advising on regulatory compliance matters;
- Knowledge of GDPR and related data privacy topics.
Job Summary (Description of main purpose of job):
To provide legal support to Broadridge’s business globally outside the US
- Provide legal support and guidance to all areas of non-US business as required (including sales, procurement, corporate, product development, employment)
- Advise, draft and negotiate:
- technology contracts, particularly, software licence and maintenance contracts and ASP/SAAS contracts
- commercial contracts – e.g. reseller and agency contracts, marketing services contracts, alliance/partnership contracts, procurement type contracts, MOUs and non-disclosure contracts
- Study proposed and existing legislations and application to business – e.g. anti-bribery and data protection
- Research and analyse legal issues and provide opinions to business
- Review and preparation of RFPs/RFIs
- Preparation, review and management of internal business policies – e.g. anti-bribery, data protection and employment
- Conduct due diligence on M&A deals
- Manage and work with external foreign legal counsels for contracts governed by foreign laws
- Co-ordinate and assist in representation of the company in legal disputes
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to present legal issues and opinion in a manner understood by business/non-lawyer
- Team player, congealable and ability to foster good relationships with all colleagues from all business areas and on all levels
- Work independently and efficiently and multi tasking in balancing multiple projects
- Ability to meet tight timelines and work under pressure
- Pro-active with strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate well with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Flexibility to work during out of office hours for contract negotiations with clients based in different time zones