- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Empiric , EA Licence No: 11C5671
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused lawyer to join a leading international insurance firm
- To provide business partnering support on all legal matters, by liaising with local in-house or external legal advisers if need be.
- Focus on early warning on any emerging issues, including legal or regulatory changes
- Ensure that work is progressed in a proactive and commercial way offering solutions and alternative approaches where appropriate
- Demonstrate high levels of visibility maximising opportunities to meet face to face (within travel restrictions)
Governance and control:
- Ensure that the business team receives high quality and effective advice and strategic guidance on relevant aspects of its operations to enable legal, regulatory and control considerations are given appropriate weight and legal risks are managed/mitigated appropriately.
- Work closely with the central compliance team, to manage day to day relationships with regulators and ensuring compliance with applicable national legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues and matters requiring approval
- Qualified lawyer with at least 3 years legal experience in either insurance or banking sectors in the UK with an international company
- Excellent understanding and experience of insurance regulatory framework in the UK and the EU
- Ability to present complex legal and other information clearly, accurately and in a way that can be understood by the relevant audience
- Experience in commercial negotiations with proven drafting and negotiation skills
- Flexible, adaptable, able to challenge the status quo, sound commercial sense and the ability to make pragmatic decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in English. Command of French and/or other languages would be appreciated
Please only apply if you have the above experience.