Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have USD 91 billion in assets under management and more than 1,300 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
Partners Group is seeking an experienced transactional lawyer with an interest in expanding their skillset across private equity, real estate, infrastructure and debt investing. You will support Partners Group's investment professionals in all legal matters, including negotiating transaction documents, managing the legal and investment structuring aspects of investments, instructing and liaising with external counsel in various jurisdictions as well as contributing to the development of Partners Group's internal standards and procedures in respect to investments.
What we expect
- Legal negotiations and investment structuring support for investment professionals in London, Zug, Paris, Milan and Munich in their investment efforts;
- Ensure the adherence of transaction document terms with Partners Group standards across Partners Group's business lines in conjunction with the lead investment professional (e.g. facility agreements, SPAs, SHAs, etc);
- Instruct and manage external counsel, review and discuss their advice;
- Support/instruction of various departments in connection with the execution of transaction documents and closing of transactions;
- Take responsibility for the management of all legal aspects of allocated transactions, including investment structuring;
- Support other teams (including, but not limited to, tax, structuring, compliance, and general counsel's office) on an ad-hoc basis.
What we offer
- Top academic credentials in law, business administration and/or finance from a top-tier University;
- 3-5 years post-qualification experience in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, funds, corporate and commercial law, or other business law categories;
- Familiarity with one or more of either private equity, real estate, infrastructure and/or debt (including both direct investments and secondaries)
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and project management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Entrepreneurial mind set;
- Strong desire to learn and succeed;
- Proficiency in English and a second language, in particular German, being a strong plus;
- Clear career vision: understanding of the firm's business and industry.
- Learn the business from some of the world's leading private markets experts;
- Dynamic international working environment;
- Challenging career path with long-term career potential;
- Competitive salary with performance-related compensation model.