My client, a leading Investment Service is recruiting for a Legal Counsel who will support their Compliance and Legal function. The role is based in South West London and reports directly to the Partners and advises the Management Committee.
The successful candidate will provide in-house legal assistance to the Chief Compliance Officer by drafting, managing, and processing documentation in accordance with FCA and SEC requirements, corporate law, commercial law, employment law, and other applicable regulations. The successful candidate will work with all Partners in the development of a Legal function which is commensurate with the ambitions for the business. Key Responsibilities
- Review Research Notes, Videos, Presentations, and all Marketing material and external communications to be in line with FCA and SEC compliance regulation and legal best practice
- Contribute to the growth of the business through the drafting of core and auxiliary client contracts and negotiating with our UK and international clients.
- Draft and manage legal contracts with third-party providers and issue company non-disclosure agreements.
- Work on various legal projects at the direction of the Compliance and Legal function.
- Provide input to the Management Committee on strategic growth opportunities for the business.
- Prepare and collate various types of policies and providing support with legal administrative work.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer in the performance of FCA and SEC regulatory functions as necessary.
- Strong academics - Law degree or equivalent (LPC/BPTC is an advantage).
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 2-3 years PQE in compliance or commercial law.
- Previous experience working in the Financial Services sector is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic culture.
- Sound negotiation skills.