BBVA is hiring a lawyer in the London office to join its dynamic and busy Corporate and Investment Banking legal team, directly reporting to the Head of Legal in the UK, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development and opportunities for growth in a leading international bank.
- Providing English law advice to the BBVA´s Corporate and Investment Banking division in the UK, to the head office and to international branches;
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on:
-Lending documentation such as syndicated credit facilities (LMA), bilateral facilities, security documents, secondary market trading, waivers, amendments and NDAs;
-Global trade finance arrangements including supply chain and receivables finance, letters of credit and guarantees;
-A wide variety of contracts relating to, global markets products, including derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including swap confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality agreements);
-Debt capital markets transactions;
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant UK regulatory matters (e.g. on-shored MiFID II, EMIR, BRRD, BMR, Prospectus Regulation and related UK legislation and statutory instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and regulation;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA);
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required;
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Bank.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales;
- Would suit candidates with experience working in a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also helpful. Expertise in Banking / Finance / Trade Finance would suit the role well.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE / PROFICIENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in order to meet deadlines, if required;
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing tasks for various business areas;
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation;
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams;
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
- Spanish language skills helpful but not essential.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A punctual, professional and reliable team player;
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to clients;
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.