The Finance function is seeking to bring on a part-qualified accountant to join the team as Legal Entity Accountant. As the business grows and demand on the finance function increases, the finance function needs a dedicated person to ensure the appropriate operation of controls and assist in analysis.
Finance is seeking a legal entity accountant to deliver reporting and maintain records for the Group and its subsidiaries. The successful candidate will have an inherent understanding of financial accounting concepts and risks in order to ensure their successful mitigation.
- Preparing monthly IFRS management reporting for selected entities in the Group.
- Financial control including balance sheet reconciliations and analytical reviews.
- Preparation of subsidiary financial statements
- Preparation of legal entity regulated returns to FCA
- Monthly review of financial balances with business analysis and commentary for senior management (revenue and costs)
- Prepare various management reports including monthly legal entity management packs for the Board
- Ad hoc reporting for management
Knowledge and Experience
Accounting and Systems
- Experience of computerised accounting systems, preferably SUN, including report writing
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office user
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and to assimilate data into meaningful financial information
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work
- A meticulous and methodical approach
- Ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business and key stakeholder needs
Skills and experiences
- Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards
- Good report development and writing skills
- Strong project management and administrative skills
- Consistent performance under pressure
- Self-motivation and drive People Skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- Proven relationship building skills
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Financial service industry background preferred
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Volunteering Days
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in-house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.