The Legal Manager is a key member of the Legal team, and should be a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated transactional attorney with 2-5 years of general corporate and transactional experience. In this position, the successful candidate will interact with senior executives and business team leaders on a regular basis. Depending on who the successful is, the role may be placed in either Cork or London.
- Competitve Base Salary + Disctretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
Legal Manager - Loan Services
Reporting directly to the General Counsel at Alter Domus, this individual will:
- Negotiate, review and draft a wide variety of transactional agreements, including client contracts, vendor contracts, licensing agreements, and confidentiality agreements;
- Provide legal counsel to business partners on a wide range of business and client issues;
- Assist the General Counsel in ensuring the company’s compliance with all applicable laws and regulations necessary for the conduct of the company’s global business;
- Assist the General Counsel in ensuring corporate policies and procedures are met and designed to mitigate legal risk;
- Work closely with the internal audit team to ensure audit items are cleared and the company is in legal and business compliance with the maintenance of company records;
- Conduct training for business personnel regarding legal and risk items, such as KYC policies, legal risks in client contracts and other necessary training; and
- Work closely with, direct and manage outside counsel as required.
- At least 2 to 5 years relevant post-qualification experience in a leading City law firm; previous in-house experience would be an advantage;
- Strong background in corporate and commercial law;
- Familiarity with private syndicated loans, securitization, secured transaction or an understanding of fund administration will be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal communication and drafting skills;
- Excellent legal risk awareness and ability to work collaboratively with the business to deliver pragmatic outcome-focussed solutions to legal issues, without compromising on Alter Domus’ policies, protection and values;
- Ability to represent views clearly and succinctly, and to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation;
- Willingness and ability to develop expertise in new technical areas to consistently high standards;
- Experience in any of the following areas would be beneficial, but is not essential: M&A, data protection and financial crime;
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset.