- £75 - £100k GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson Banking
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
Fast growing, entrepreneurial investment management business in the city is expanding it's real estate department. In particular you will focus on planning, organising and directing their commercial lending operations.
My client is a fast growing, entrepreneurial investment manager based in the City of London. Their passion is finding and funding great entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses in the real economy. Their ability to adapt and innovate to create investment products for our customers is key to our growth and success.
They have been raising money for, and investing in, UK businesses for over 30 years, recently reached £1 billion funds under management, driven by an experienced team which now numbers around 140 staff. They raise around £150-200 million a year, with the support of 35,000 retail investors who trust us to invest on their behalf.
They invest across a range of sectors and products, and continue to develop our offering to ensure they are at the forefront of the industry. Their commitment to innovation is evidenced through the development of an online investment platform launched in 2016.
They have developed into a large and prosperous company with a fast-moving meritocratic and entrepreneurial culture. Their core values of flexibility, transparency and integrity are vital to everything they do – from the business they invest in to the people they hire.
Role and responsibilities
As Lending Director, you will play an important role in in planning, organising and directing their commercial lending operation, while keeping in mind their entrepreneurial values.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Playing a leading role in originating new loans through existing and new relationships. Underwriting, structuring and executing deals and managing the full loan life cycle.
• Developing key client relationships to ensure that they are aware of their future lending needs and their clients understand the companys various lending products.
• Presenting new deals to the Investment Committee.
• Working alongside other team members to develop new lending products within the residential development space.
• Sharing your market and technical knowledge with junior team members.
• Assisting the head of team and Partners as required.
Key skills and experience
• Persuasive and charismatic approach.
• Proven experience within residential property lending including structuring and executing development finance and/or bridging finance deals.
• Detailed understanding of related legal matters and due diligence.
• Strong sense of ownership and task completion/deadline-driven.
• Ability to work independently and within a small team, as required.
• Inquisitive approach and problem-solving mentality.
• Customer-oriented - you care about improving service to our customers and providing solutions to deliver successful, right-first-time outcomes.
• Approachable, friendly and professional while working diligently. Nothing is too much trouble.
• Attention to detail – their investment managers and senior accountants are detail-oriented so you must be comfortable with the data you are presenting.
• Assertive and focus on execution – you make things happen.
• Creative – you think outside the box. Everything can be improved and they want someone who is confident putting forward new ideas.
• Team player – have fun! They do their best to cultivate an open, honest, hard-working but fun culture.
Pay and benefits
For the successful candidate, we will put together an attractive reward package that will include:
• Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
• Discretionary bonus
• Pension scheme
• Health insurance
• Life assurance
• Income protection
• Death in service insurance
• Additional social perks